The Main Organizing Committee for SCECSAL XXI 2014 would like to remind presenters whose abstracts were accepted that the deadline for submission of full papers is 29th March, 2014. The SECCSAL and MALA websites and SCECSAL blog have the Guide for Authors for the full papers. Presenters are advised to have their papers peer reviewed before submission in order to increase chances of acceptance.
The Committee so far has no sponsorship for presenters or any conference participants. Acceptance of papers, therefore, does not mean that authors will be offered sponsorship. All prospective presenters whose abstracts were accepted are being advised to start sourcing sponsorship for their attendance to the conference.
Information on Visa
- We are expecting delegates from countries in the SCECSAL region and beyond. All countries in the SCECSAL region do not need a visa to enter Malawi except those from Uganda.
- Delegates from Uganda can have their Visa processed from the Malawi embassy in Nairobi, Kenya. Alternatively, it can be processed right here in Malawi.
- If the Visa is processed right here, then the delegates will have to pay an application fee of MK10,000 each. In this case, we will need a copy of a passport with the holder’s photo well in advance to forward it to Immigration Office.
- More information about the Malawi visa application will be provided later on if need be. Otherwise contact Felix Majawa using the following email addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) for more information.
It is a requirement that all visitors to Malawi they must be inoculated against Yellow fever; please bring evidence to show at the airport upon arrival.
Please send any queries about the conference to:
- Gray Nyali Chairperson, SCECSAL XXI 2014 Main Organizing Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gift Kadzamira Secretary, SCECSAL XXI 2014 Main Organizing Committee (email@example.com)
- Geoffrey Salanje Chairperson, Publicity and Publications Sub-Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)