The IFLA Trend Report was launched in Helsinki in 2013. It is a discussion document for engagement and comment by the LIS community. SCECSAL has placed the matter on the agenda for discussion at AGM the July 2014 meeting. A panel of experts will lead discussion. Furthermore the Trend Report is also set for discussion on the recently set up Africa-L listserve.
On behalf of the IFLA Regional office for Africa, I would like to ask you and the LIS community in your country to engage with the IFLA Trend report before heading to SCECSAL in July 2014 in Malawi. I request that you please send me a brief report of the outcomes of your discussions so that we can compile a combined report for SCECSAL.
You may access the report on the link http://trends.ifla.org/ or download a PDF copy.
- TREND 1 New Technologies will both expand and limit who has access to information.
- TREND 2 Online Education will democratise and disrupt global learning.
- TREND 3 The boundaries of privacy and data protection will be redefined..
- TREND 4 Hyper-connected societies will listen to and empower new voices and groups.
- TREND 5 The global information environment will be transformed by new technologies.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcome your responses by end June2014. Follow up reminders will be continuously be sent to you before the deadline. Kindly submit your country report to me, copy firstname.lastname@example.org and Justin.Chisenga@fao.org
IFLA Regional Manager for Africa
IFLA Regional Office for Africa